"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Legend of Two Wolves

Not original to me, I pass this along to you because it has inspired many. It challenges me to listen to my inner monologue. . .

An old man and his grandson were walking along a path. The grandson had reached an age to realize that some people become bitter, hate filled people, while others do not.

So he asked, "How can this be?"

Grandfather responded- "Within every man, there are two wolves. One, a black wolf, represents, despair, envy, self-centeredness, vindictiveness, unresolved anger, and unforgiveness. The other wolf, a white one, represents such qualities as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, forgiveness."

Insight passed quickly over Grandson's face. Then another question- "But Grandfather, if these two wolves live within me, which one will win?"

Grandfather's response, "The one you feed the most."



Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:8,9

So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. Romans 7:21-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Against such things, there is no law. Galatians 5:22,23



Like this post? Please share it with your friends by clicking one of the icons below, or vote or follow using one of the gadgets in the side column. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. It always makes me think, and assess what wolf I am feeding. Graphic pictures sometimes are the only way I get the message.

    ReplyDelete